Apple Watch Band & Case FAQs
How to Choose the Right Apple Watch Band Size
Each Apple Watch comes with an Apple Watch strap. What size band should you get for your Apple Watch? Although Apple offers Apple Watch Series 1 – 7 and SE, Apple Watch straps are available in two sizes:
Apple Watch band 38/40/41mm
Apple Watch band 42/44/45mm
Confirm Apple Watch size
The ability to change bands on your Apple Watch is one of the best thought design features of the Apple watch. Apple Watch straps are interchangeable. Before you purchase Apple Watch Straps, it is of great importance to confirm your Apple Watch Size.
Place your Apple Watch face down over a clean surface like a lint-free, micro-fiber cloth or soft, padded mat. Then check the text on the watch. If your watch is 40mm, the text is “WATCH SERIES 4 – 40MM ALUMINUM & CERAMIC CASE”. In other words, the 38/40/41mm Apple Watch band fits your Apple Watch.
Measure your wrist
When choosing a band, it’s better to measure your wrist first. If you have a cloth tape measure on hand, you can wrap it around your wrist to get your band size, then choose the best Apple Watch strap to fit you. Don’t have a cloth tape measure? Use a string, wrap it around your wrist and measure the length of the string.
When doing these measurements, make sure the tape measure or string is fit tightly to your wrist and that it is not sliding around.
How to put on Apple Watch band
- Make sure the small text of the back of the new band is facing you.
- Slide the new band into a groove in the Apple Watch and you will feel and hear a soft click.
- If you don’t feel or hear a click, just slide the end of the band side to side to see if it is securely fastened.
- Repeat the previous step until both ends of the new band have been installed.
How to change Apple Watch band
- Place your Apple Watch face down over a clean surface like a lint-free, micro-fiber cloth or soft, padded mat.
- Locate the Apple Watch strap release button on the back of the Apple Watch, near the band connection.
- Hold down the band release button with your fingertip or fingernail, and slide the band sideways in either direction.
- Once the band slides out, you can release the band release button. If the band does not slide out, just try it again and make sure you are holding it down.
- Repeat the same process for the other end of the band.
How to Clean Apple Watch band
How to clean silicone band
Most Apple Watch bands are made of soft and durable silicone material. The Silicone band is waterproof and is not easy to get dirty on it. The way to clean the Apple watch silicone band is easy. Just wash the band and dry it. For some stains, like strokes that are difficult to wipe out just using water, you can rub the band with an eraser.
How to clean nylon band
You can just simply clean the nylon Apple Watch band with a wet, non-abrasive, and lint-free cloth to wipe out the dust and sweat on the band. For the stubborn stains, you may need a little soap and a brush with soft bristles, applying a little soap on the wet nylon band, scrubbing it gently, rinsing it, and drying it. In addition, warm water could help you clean the stain quicker and easier.
How to clean cloth fabric band
The cloth fabric band is too easy for dirt to get lodged in the band. How to clean this Apple watch band? You also need soap and a brush with soft bristles, the same as the way to clean the nylon band.
How to clean metal band
We need to keep stainless steel watch bands away from chemicals in daily wear. To maintain the stainless-steel band, avoid rubbing it on hard surfaces or with abrasive materials while cleaning. We can just use a wet, nonabrasive, and lint-free cloth to wipe off the dirt on the band and don’t miss the small gaps which may collect more dust.
How to clean leather band
One thing you should keep in mind is that leather is not waterproof so please don’t put it into the water or use plenty of water to clean a leather watch band. And leather is a delicate material that is easy to get damaged and loses soft texture in daily wear.
To clean the leather band, you need a soft cloth and soapy water, wipe the band gently with the cloth and place the leather band in a dry and cool area to dry it. In daily use, to maintain its texture, we need to pay attention not to rub the band hard and not put it under sunlight or in a moist place.