Smart watch strap Size & Installation Guide
Smart watch strap size guide
A comfortable fit Apple Watch band should neither be too tight nor not enough. If you have a large or small size wrist, you may need to select an extra-long or extra short strap. If you have an average size wrist, you can pick a standard-length strap.
1.Measure your wrist
Measure your wrist by using seamstress tape. Wrap the tape around your wrist and take measures. If you don’t have any tape or ruler, you can use Apple’s print out guide to measure your wrist and it doesn’t require any extra tool other than access to a printer.
2.Measure Your Old Band
Don’t measure the strap lengths with the buckle. Measure the length of both straps together in millimeters (mm). You can measure two-piece straps one by one and add them up to get the total strap length. If your current Apple Watch band is a suitable length, you should purchase the same length of the strap.
Note: If you want to purchase an Apple Watch case, just make sure your Apple Watch size and the size of the case.
Apple Watch band Installation Tips
With the release of the Apple Watch Series 7, Apple Watch comes in 41mm and 45mm sizes. The Series 4, Series 5, Series 6, and Series SE come in 40mm and 44mm models, the first three generations of Apple Watch( Series 1, Series 2, and Series 3) are available in 38mm and 42mm sizes. But the Apple Watch band sizes are different, there are two kinds of Apple Watch bands:
38mm, 40mm, and 41mm, 42mm, 44mm, and 45mm
If you are unsure of the size and model, just check the backside of the Apple Watch.
Remove your old straps
1. Locate the band release button on the back of the Apple Watch, near the band connection.
2. Hold down the band release button with your fingertip or fingernail, slide the band sideways in either direction.
3. Once the band slides out, you can release the band release button. If the band does not slide out, just try it again and make sure you are holding it down.
4. Repeat the same process for the other end of the band.
Install the new band for your watch
1. Slide the new band into a groove in the Apple Watch and you will feel and hear a soft click.
2. If you don’t feel or hear a click, just slide the end of the band side to side to see if it is securely fastened.
3. Repeat the previous step until both ends of the new band have been installed.
Note: The band release button doesn’t need to be held for this process.